Thursday, December 3, 2009

Dishes and more....

Ok, I don't normally write two posts in one day, but I need some advice.

My house is a mess.  It's almost overwhelming.  We live in a small one bedroom duplex and everything has to be put in it's place for our home to remain liveable.  We also have two dogs and a cat.  We have accumulated four large appliances since moving in which severly cut into floor and storage space.  I know I can get it cleaned up if I worked on it a little each day, but I just can't seem to get motivated.  J wants it cleaned up, but he doesn't feel right telling me to do it.  I need him to tell me to do it, because I don't want to do it.  I need him to take control of the situation.  We need a plan of action.  Anybody have a suggestion that a hesitant HOH would be comfortable with?

4 comments:

  1. Wow, I feel your pain. I was just about to blog about this. This is ME these past few weeks, and my Daddy (also a J) has been the same way about it. I can't get motivated, and he knows I am sensitive to criticism about it, because normally I am a perfectionist. But I can tell it's getting on his nerves (as it is on mine). I wish he'd just give me a really firm spanking because then the motivation would be about him, not about myself. We'd both be happier, because the house would be clean in no time! (And it might just shove me out of this "downer" mood I've been in.) Maybe read this to your J and he'll see the point of view from someone besides you?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you, Little Butterfly. I really appreciate your comments and look forward to growing together in this lifestyle.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You need to communicate your need for him to take over to him. If you have trouble doing it face to face, send him the email that you posted.

    And good luck on continuing in the lifestyle. You obviously want him to take control and let's hope that he understands that you need this and it will help your relationship.

    Good luck.

    FD

    ReplyDelete
  4. Mr. Florida Dom,

    Thank you for your suggestion and for taking the time to comment. I did read him this post as I do all of them. He understands, but he told me something last night then shed a little light on his hesitation. That will be discussed in my next post. Keep reading for me, Sir and maybe you can help me bring him out of this stage. I love him so much.

    ReplyDelete